Registered Nurse/Clinical Manager
Hybrid remote in Sunnyside, NY 11104
Director of Client Services
Positions reporting to Clinical Manager:
Field Nurse Supervisor
Quality Improvement Assistant
Medical Records Coordinator
Nursing File Clerk
Clinical Care Assistant
Per diem Nurses
The Sunnyside Home Care Department is responsible for ensuring the provision of safe and appropriate care to the clients it serves are consistent with the New York State Department of Health regulations, contractual requirements, current standards of care and the agency’s mission/vision/values. The Clinical Manager is responsible for helping to fulfill that objective by 1) ensuring all active home care clients receive quality care and service 2) ensuring the effective coordination of all care and services. 3) implementing efficient and effective processes to deliver quality care. 4) utilizing the principles of quality improvement for program management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Clinical Manager may also perform other duties, as assigned.
1. Provides effective oversight for ensuring all clients accepted for service meet the agency’s admission criteria.
2. Plans, implements, coordinates, and evaluates the provision of all home care services to ensure that all client needs are met, and quality care is provided.
3. Coordinates the activities of the nursing team to effectively meet departmental performance expectations.
4. Ensures all clients are safely discharged from the agency.
5. Adheres to all agency policies and procedures.
6. Serves as a member of the quality improvement and corporate compliance committees.
7. Provides effective monitoring and oversight activities to ensure effective staffing levels are maintained.
8. Ensures data entry is completed accurately and timely.
9. Identifies areas of training and support needed for nursing team.
10. Provides effective oversight for ensuring documentation compliance standards are achieved.
11. Keeps abreast of current practice standards, regulatory requirements and other issues affecting the home care industry.
This role will require bending, sitting, stooping, and standing.
Most of the work of this role will take place in an office setting, with the potential for occasional field visits (that may involve potential exposure to client illnesses), and may require occasional evening, weekend, and holiday work, as needed.
• Current licensure to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse in New York State.
• Associate Degree or equivalent. BSN preferred.
• Experience in home care.
• Knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Knowledge of HCPLUS or similar home care platform.
• Supervisory experience preferred. Benefits Package:
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
• 403(b) retirement plan with employer contribution
• Flexible spending account and transit program
• Employee Assistance Program
• 20 days of paid vacation per year
• 12 paid holidays
• 12 paid sick days per year
• 5 personal/floating days
• Life insurance
• Long-term disability
$87,000 to $100,000
How to Apply:
If you would like to join our team, please forward a cover letter, resume, with subject line “Clinical Manager” to Melissa Vitale at [email protected].
If hired, Sunnyside Community Services requires proof of vaccination as a condition of employment.
All positions at Sunnyside Community Services are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Employer