Position: Construction Safety Trainer
Location: Lower Manhattan, NY 10007
Duration: 03+ months Contract with Possible Extension
Working Hours: 35 hours per week & 7 hours in a day
Safety trainers are responsible
for conducting training classes for the employees of the client for all
applicable new hires and for annual staff training. Safety trainers are part of
the Environmental Health and Safety Department but work very closely with
trainers from HR’s Learning and Development Unit.\
– We’re looking for someone who has at least three years safety training experience;
– Could have the OSHA 500 qualification and, at minimum, an Associate’s Degree
– Is computer-efficient particularly in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, and MS Teams
– Has strong interpersonal/communication/problem-solving skills.
– The candidates should be knowledgeable in safety issues (i.e., able to identify and recommend ways to
correct conditions that affect employee safety), able to complete work in an
accurate, effective, and timely manner, and relate effectively with others.
– We’re looking for a self-starter capable of keeping track of their projects, conducts him/herself in a
professional manner, is fair and dependable.
• Provide employees comprehensive
safety and training orientation, including review of OSHA and other applicable
regulatory requirements including the client standard procedures.
• Provide training on topics such
as lock-out tag-out (LO/TO), fall protection, respiratory protection, lead
hazard awareness, bloodborne pathogens, confined spaces, auditory/hearing
protection, working safely on scaffolds/bucket lifts/forklifts, work zone
traffic control, and similar required training.
• Establishes and maintains
education, training and activity files, prepares reports and makes
recommendations relative to safety policies and procedures.
• Ensure program compliance to
include documentation for accuracy and completeness.
• Serve as an information resource
and advisor for staff regarding safety questions.
• Lead discussions with an aim to
promote a culture of incident prevention and risk mitigation.
• Makes recommendations to
management to minimize risk exposure.