Sant Ambroeus is seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager for the 2023 season in the Hamptons. The position is seasonal, and housing will be provided.
Position Purpose: The Restaurant Floor Supervisor will be in command of overall operations of the restaurant in absence of the GM or AGM. This position requires an established restaurant professional with the ability to lead, uphold guest satisfaction and maintain integrity of the business on full time basis based on hours of operations of the restaurant. Respect to all contacts is paramount in this role.
- Supporting dining room staff by making sure the restaurant is always aesthetically pleasing and accurately representing our brand
- Direct, implement and maintain a service and leadership philosophy which serves as a guide for respective staff while emphasizing the importance of quality customer service
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all associates and guests
- Presence on the floor during meal periods and ensure adequate coverage
- Ensure all side work is done on a daily basis
- During shifts, ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with service, seating, and communication with the kitchen
- Provides associates with the tools and equipment they need to do their jobs.
- Consistently creating memorable experiences by personalizing service
- Creating relationships with our regular guests to retain their loyalty
- Performing duties in a timely manner adjusted to the business volume
- Cash registers – opening and closing counts
- Keeping inventory of restaurant items
- Enter notes from the completed shift in Avero (voids/comps/staff notes etc.) and report and existing issues that are not resolved to the rest of the management team
Minimal Essential Requirements:
- The ability to work as part of a team, and personal cleanliness.
- Very basic food handling, preparation, and cleaning skills are welcomed.
- Time management and ability to work under pressure to manage high volume of production.
- Active listening and learning skills.
- Reading and speaking comprehension skills
- Discipline to follow set standards.
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs.