Join a Team Where your Work Truly Makes a Difference.
At CMCS (Cardinal McCloskey Community Services), our mission is to protect, empower and promote independence for at-risk children and families and those with developmental disabilities through quality community based services.
As a Home Visitor, you will play an important role providing weekly home visits to parents that promote secure parent-child relationships and help parents provide high-quality, early learning experiences in language, literacy, mathematics, social and emotional functioning, approaches to learning, science, physical skills, and creative arts to their children. Home Visitor is expected to Build respectful, culturally responsive, and trusting relationship with families; plan all home visits jointly with parents; and effectively communicate the critical role of parents in the development of their children. Home visitor must demonstrate competency to plan and implement home-based learning experiences that ensure effective implementation of the home visiting curriculum and promote children’s progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to five, including for children with disabilities and dual language learners, as appropriate. The primary focus of the Home Visitor is to develop a collaborative relationship with families to support them by being their child’s first and primary educator. Connect families with other community agencies to address health, nutrition, and disabilities services for children and pregnant moms when needed.
- Caring, upbeat personality
- An AA or BA in Early Childhood Education, Human Services or Psychology with some EC credits or
- High School Diploma and Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
- Up to 1 year of relevant experience working with children ages birth-4 in a classroom setting.
- Early Childhood/Head Start experience is preferred.
- Daily access to reliable transportation to Bronx, NY. Flexible with assigned work location(s).
- Ability to pass and maintain acceptable record related to the mandated criminal background check process.
CMCS offers excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, retirement plan, generous paid time off, flexible work schedules.
We encourage you to join our dedicated and diverse workforce by applying today!